College of Design
Cdes Prospective

International Students

International Undergraduate Students

The U of M classifies you as an international applicant if you are not a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or refugee, of if you need a visa to study in the U.S. The Office of Admissions handles all applications for undergraduate admissions to the College of Design. Admission consideration of applicants is based on academic performance, academic preparation, and English proficiency (for non-native English speakers). Read on for helpful Websites.

  • Credit Transfer information: It is important that you contact a College of Design advisor if you completed transfer coursework directly related to your major. Just because you completed credits related to your major doesn't mean those credits will transfer to meet requirements in your University of Minnesota major.
  • Student Group Directory: For students who want to learn about the international organizations and activities at the U of M and across the Twin Cities.


International Graduate Students

Note: International graduate students apply directly through their prospective departments




Contact Information

College of Design

Saint Paul Offices

32 McNeal Hall, 1985 Buford Ave, St. Paul, MN 55108

P: 612-626-9068 | F: 612-625-1922

[directions and maps]

Minneapolis Offices

101 Rapson Hall, 89 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

P: 612-626-9068 | F: 612-625-7525

[directions and maps]

© 2015 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement
Current as of